TutorialIn the AGMP User Guide, you will find a tutorial addressing the following type of questions:
- How to search AGMP?
- How to interpret the retrieved results?
- What other resources are provided?
- What kind of information can I find in AGMP?
- What kind of questions can be answered with AGMP?
AGMP contains a compilation of gene and variant information associated with diseases and drugs in the context of African populations. This information was retrieved from existing resources, including PharmGKB and DisGeNET.
You can answer these type of questions:
- What are the genes, and variants associated with a particular disease in African populations?
- What are the genes, and variants associated with a particular drug in African populations?
- What are the diseases associated with a particular gene in African populations?
- What are the drugs associated with a particular gene in African populations?
- What are the diseases associated with a particular variant in African populations?
- What are the drugs associated with a particular variant in African populations?
AGMP is focused on human genes and their association with diseases and drugs. More specifically, AGMP focuses only on information related to African populations.
The African Genomic Medicine Portal (AGMP) can be used to find relevant gene/variant-disease/drug associations in African populations. This can be used in preliminary/exploratory investigations of African health, or assist in the interpretation of such results. AGMP should NOT be used for clinical decision making purposes.
AGMP provides curated metadata which relates to African populations. These metadata were extracted from PharmGKB and DisGeNET, therefore, if a gene, variant, disease or drug does not appear, there may not be any information related to African populations associated with these in the aforementioned databases. We are currently exploring methods in which to include missing information.
AGMP should NOT be used for clinical decision-making purposes. However, under the Resources tab, the portal does provide access to resources that may be used for these purposes, such as CPIC.
A step-by-step guide for using the Portal can be found in the Tutorial section. This includes expected search inputs and results outputs.
Portal metadata are extracted from various types of studies. In some cases, specific metadata fields do not apply or were not found, therefore these fields do not contain information.
This indicates that no such information was identified during data curation.
For Portal-specific queries, users can log a ticket using the H3ABioNet Helpdesk.
Users are also encouraged to follow us on social media: